tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 07 19:25:57 1994

Re: Warp drives (the next wodge)

On Wed, 7 Dec 1994 18:27:16 -0500 William H. Martin said:
>According to [email protected]:

...translation stuff deleted...Y

>> DaH qech chu' chov Alcubierre - Do rap [lenglaHlu'] 'ach gho'Do lengnISlu'.
>> - OK. I know [lenglaHlu'] is illegal (two Type 5 suffixes) - is there a way
>>   round this?
>
>No, there isn't. You have to recast. Welcome to Qo'noS. Sleep
>on the floor and get used to it.
>
>I really think you are over your head on this project.
>
>I'm having trouble with this one because I do not fully
>understand the English. "Now Alcubierre has worked out a method

...charghwI' mu'tlheghmey luteqlu'ta'...Y

>of light? I need better English text before I can come up with
>meaningful Klingon text.

... Dochmey luteqlu'ta' ...Y

>> Space and time can be visualised as a rubber sheet that is stretched
>> near massive objects.
>> [??]
>
>Okay. This is it. Somebody else needs to step in here because I
>feel like I'm being assigned to a project that is interesting
>to someone other than me.

charghwI', bIDoy''a'?  loQ bIleSnIS 'e' vIQub.
SoHvaD qaStaH'a' jaj qab?

>It makes me feel like someone in Midieval times who knew damned
>well that the Earth wasn't flat, but hey, who can argue with
>science?

yuQ beQ 'oHbe''a' tera'?  teHqu''a'? toH!

>So, anyway, somebody else is going to have to translate the
>rest of this.
>
>I quit.

yIbupQo'! may' HIjeghQo'!  not jegh SuvwI''e'.

>charghwI'

HubwI'
D.A.T.

QUIT