tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 06 11:55:37 1994

Sulu and Me

Dear SuvwI' quvqu',

	Has anyone noticed if an article about the Klingon Bible Translation
Project has gone out over the wires lately?  The reason I ask is that I
have gotten three calls for radio interviews over the last week.
Compared with the complete lack of interviews I have done since April,
this is quite a jump.

	The interviews I have done this past week were with some country
music station in Kansas City, Missouri, another country music station
(KIDX) in Billings, Montana, and WJNO in West Pal Beach, Florida.  In all
of thme I got to plug the KLI (although they did not give me time to give
an address) and I got to mention that Hamlet is coming out.  And despite
my asking them not to spring last minute translations on me, the station
in Kansas City spent 40 minutes asking people to call in to speak Klingon
with me on the air (luckily, they did not find anyone).  Then, the DJ
asked me how to say "I do not like green eggs and ham" on the air.  After
noting that Klingon has no word for eggs or ham, I managed to say
something like "Sop SuD vIpar."

	The interview in Florida was the best, however, since George
Takei was on the show at the same time.  We got to chat a bit on the air,
and they had me say a few things like "HoD Sulu, qavanneS."  My favorite
part came when the host asked me if I thought that translating the Bible
into Klingon was a complete waste of time.  Before I could answer, George
jumped in and said, "It depends on your perspective.  From some points of
view, being a talk show host is a complete waste of time."  All in all,
it was a great interview.

	Well, so much for my fifteen minutes of fame.

::  Kevin A. Wilson              [email protected]  ::

Back to archive top level