tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 01 06:52:09 1994

Re: Klingon Holiday Observances

On Thu, 1 Dec 1994 [email protected] wrote:
> I don't believe we should simply attach Klingon holidays onto current Terran
> ones. That would substandardize them. If we specifically desginate March 27
> as Empire Union Day, then the day's likely to have more significance for
> those Klingons who have been stranded on Earth for all these years. After
> all, since we are forced to live under the Terran calendar, we should have
> the right of arbitrarily incorporating our own holidays into it. Right? Ok,
> then.

Um, I was suggesting something more along the lines of Christmas having
been moved from March to December 25 for the purpose of supplanting
Saturnalia.  Wouldn't you just love it 100 years from now if March 17 was
celebrated at St. paDragh's Day?  And October 31 QI'lop Halo'yIn?  :-)

I mean after all the idea is to replace Terran culture with Klingon
culture, right?  ;-)

Dave.

Back to archive top level