tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 30 16:22:10 1994

Re: Star Trek VI

Amy West and I both hear Chang say "DaH machegh".
Nick Nicolas hears "DaH macheH".
HoD trI'Qal hears "DaH mamaj".

On PK, the word that the person who reviewed it in HolQeD transcribed as
"to'baj (or maybe toDbaj)" I clearly heard as "toDbaj" every time.

In view of this, how much trust can we put in transcriptions of
non-subtitled Klingon, especially if they are used to extend the canon with
apparently new words or grammatical constructions?

___
\X/ Richard Kennaway, [email protected], Univ. of East Anglia, Norwich

Back to archive top level