tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 28 11:30:36 1994

Requesting help!

I would sooner die in battle than face uucp & Bill Willmerdinger over
"Requesting help!"!
 uu> From: "Mark E. Shoulson" <ur-valhalla!cs.columbia.edu!shoulson>

 >ngagh or nagh?  I remember Capt. Krankor using nagh in HolQeD.....

 uu> We had been using "nagh", because that's how we (at least I) heard it
 uu> off the tape, and that's how it showed in my article about the new
 uu> words in HoQeD.  I've since heard that Okrand's saying it starts with
 uu> "ng-" and not "n-".

Okay, noted for future reference.

 >... SoSlI' Quch beQ law' SoSlI' 'etporgh beQ puS

 uu> Guess not...

 uu> Should be "porgh'et", if you're going to make a compound or noun/noun
 uu> construction anyway.  "Bodyfront"/body's front/front of body.

HIvqa' veqlargh!  (Wait, that's being overused....  um...)

Hagh qoHpu' neH HeghtaHvIS SuvwI'pu'!

 >I wasn't willing to go so far as to write "wa'nem" as one word, mostly
 >because numbers are chuvmey and not nouns.  I got hit with "Only Okrand
 >can do that" once, I really didn't want it again.  (That's not to say I
 >didn't *think* about doing it!)

 uu> Yeah, but wa'leS, cha'leS, etc are all attested...

Yes, I noticed that.  So we should feel free to use "nem" and "ben" in the
same fashion as "leS" and "Hu'".  Okay, I can deal with that.

Qob

... "Never apologize, mister, it's a sign of weakness." -- John Wayne

Back to archive top level