tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 28 09:15:36 1994

Re: <Hol wIja'chuq> was: Re:...

Holtejoyvo':
> trI'Qalvo':
>
> > Then why do instincts differ?
>
> If I try to answer this, I may regret it.  More importantly, YOU may regret
> it!
>
> First off, let's try to define what it is you are referring to by
> "instincts." Do you mean the different opinions about a particular usage of
> language?  Or actual differences in uses of language?

I mean:  When I say "my instincts say the language should do *this*" and
someone else says "Well, *my* instincts say the language should do *that*!"

That kind of differing.  {{:)

> What I mean is, we can look at the sentences:
>
> 1a.   I expect Bill to leave.
> 1b. * I suspect Bill to leave.

I have no clue what these have to do with my original question?

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level