tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 20 22:59:22 1994

Re: <Hol wIja'chuq> was: Re:...

[ Lawrence taking exception to my use of the term "instinct" deleted....]

I said, "instinct" in the sense that we're born with it.  That's all I meant,
and I didn't mean to compare the language faculty (or whatever you want to
call it) to a baby's rooting.  My use of the term stemmed from someone's
claim that language "instincts" are based on experience, a rather impossible
situation no matter what linguistic theories you subscribe to.

Sorry for my lack of clarity....

--Holtej

Back to archive top level