tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 24 20:08:17 1994

Re: Grist for the mill..

>But {ta'be'} is nothing more than a shortening of {ta'be'nal}, if you can
>live with that.

Which just reinforces the irony I intended to point out by bringing this up;
the {ta'} is only {ta'} by virtue of his relationship to his {be'nal}.  If
the
queen is the king's wife, but the king is only king because he
married the queen, then he's the king's wife's husband.  I'm not
dumping on Guido#1's choice of words at all; I just thought it
was funny.

>Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

Back to archive top level