tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 23 11:46:58 1994

Re: Grist for the mill..

~markvo':

>>Lady (as in "my Lady", a counterpart to {joHwI'} (excuse spelling, my TKD
is
>>AWOL.
>
>Hmm.  Myself, I'd contend that either gender could be called "joH" or
>"qaH".

It's funny: In Guido#1 and Nick's "Hamlet," the word used for empress
is {ta'be'nal}.  But, in fact, the Claudius is the King only by virtue
of his relationship to the Queen.  In a sense, he's {ta'be'nalloDnal},
if you care to extend the analogy.  Just a bit of irony, my comments
are not to be taken seriously.

--Holtej

Back to archive top level