tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 24 01:03:09 1994

Re: Grist for the mill..

According to [email protected]:

> It's funny: In Guido#1 and Nick's "Hamlet," the word used for empress
> is {ta'be'nal}.  But, in fact, the Claudius is the King only by virtue
> of his relationship to the Queen.  In a sense, he's {ta'be'nalloDnal},
> if you care to extend the analogy.  Just a bit of irony, my comments
> are not to be taken seriously.
>
> --Holtej

I suspect that she would just be called {ta'} with no reference
to gender. If you HAD to make such a reference, I'd build the
compound {be'ta'}. I know that ~mark might interpret that as
"empiror of women" or "women's empiror", but the other gender
related terms all have {be'} as their first syllable, not last.
I would also not want to be the person who made a pun on the
empiress "not accomplishing" anything...

charghwI'

Back to archive top level