tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 22 05:05:25 1994

Re: Star Trek VI

>From: [email protected] (Nick NICHOLAS)
>Subject: Star Trek VI
>
>... was on the tv last night. Someone has got to transcribe this stuff, and
>publish it in HolQeD: there are surprises to be had there. Just as in the
>Skybox cards series (which, Mark, did render canonical the "ship in which
>I travelled" pattern you've just protested). I may or may not do this; if
>someone has already done this, never mind this "bIpo'choHmeH do it yourself"
>stuff --- post it!

The script can be purchased from Lincoln Enterprises and the klingon
"accurately" gleaned from there.  I have done this for several of the
TNG scripts with Klingon "stuff" in them.  Most of the time the language
isn't spelled correctly (R'uustai instead of ruStay for instance).  (I
have thought that this was because of copyright "Problems/issues" with
Dr. Okrand.  I hadn't offered to post because I had the impression that
y'all didn't think to highly of the spoken or televised version of
klingons.  Correct me if this is an invalid assumption.  Some of the text
(especially first season) is garbage.  Some of it is straight out of the
dictionary, and some of it has been even more phonetically spelled, and
some of it ("For He's a Jolly Good Fellow") seems to bear no resemblance
to anything living or dead.

Susan

Back to archive top level