tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 20 01:18:44 1994

Re: KLBC: Re: rI' nobmey nobw...

trI'Qalvo':

> > Your sentence means "But, does not die the voice."  See, you have
> > {ghogh} in the object position.

> This was an error I once made as well.  <batlh> also happens to be a
> *noun*, so the construct here is perfectly correct, in that sense.

I made an omission in my original correction; his sentence was ambiguous
between {batlh} as "honor" and as "with honor." As such, I was reading
it as "But, with honor, does not die the voice."  I left out the "with honor"
part of my translation, and it has caused more comments than I care
to comment on.  But this was a while ago.

--Holtej

Back to archive top level