tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 20 01:44:22 1994

Re: Time zones

> Sorry about the non-Klingon post, but I was wondering if some helpful
> person could fill me in on all the American time-zones, so that I know
> when something has been written (and when people are most likely to be
> around)?

The continental U.S. (this is excluding Alaska and Hawaii) has 4 time zones:

Eastern, Central, Mountain, and Pacific (going from east to west).

The Eastern Time Zone is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time.  (so if it
5:00 in the evening GMT, it is noon in EST.)  The other three zones are,
of course, one hour behind that, as you go west; so in the above example,
Central would be at 11:00 in the morning, Mountain would be at 10:00 AM,
and Pacific would be at 9:00 AM.

When people are likely to be around?  I have no clue.  For me, it varies,
depending on work and class schedules.

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level