tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 19 00:33:55 1994

Re: Requesting help!

According to Bill Willmerdinger\:

> I'd like to ask the help of the Grammarians in determining if I have this
> phrased correctly.  The original context is not important, but I'm very
> curious to know if I did this correctly.

Well, I'm SORT OF a grammarian, now, I guess...

> qaStaHvIS wa' nem *Riverside*Daq to'baj 'uSHom lughoDlu'bogh vISopDI'
> HItlhejneS *Rosemary*
>
> I intended to say something like this:
>
> Rosemary, do me the honor of joining me for stuffed to'baj legs at Riverside
> next year.
>
> My biggest worry is how to express "next year"...

One interesting variation would be {qaSpu'DI' wa' nem...} "As
soon as one year from now has finished happening..." This is
the reason that these two suffixes are not of the same type.
They complement each other well. {qaSDI'} alone would be
acceptable, perhaps, though {qaSpu'DI'} is more accurate, and
everyone knows how accuracy and certainty can help your social
stature...

> Was the rest of the sentence unambiguous enough to translate easily?

HIja'. majQa'!

> Satlho'!
>
> Qob
>
> ... May your consorts consistently feel the need to wash their hair.

OOOOOooooooooooooo.....

Dungaghjaj targhlIj neH.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level