tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 18 14:19:40 1994

Re: Talk like a Klingon!

>> And while I'm at it, that one non-canon mu'qaD created by DrujIv, I
believe,
>> that went something like {DuSaQmoH be' qan lutmey} bugs me. For one thing,
>> Klingons do not cry. Remember from ST6; no tear ducts. ({SaQ} prob'ly
means
>> "cry out") Secondly, the role of women in Klingon society is that of
teachers
>> in the way of methods of battle. They stay home and teach the children the
>> ways of the warrior (all this came from the STE; read it- it's cool).
Thus,
>> an old *Klingon* women would most likely NOT be a symbol of frailty, but
an
>> aged and experience teacher of warriors. If I was told that the stories of
>> MrMiyagi make *me* cry/yell, I'm not sure how I would take that, but it
would
>> doubtedly occur to me as an insult.

>*ahem*

>I don't know what DurjIv might have responded to this, as I am now four
>days behind in my meail, from a short trip I took...

>But I, for one, take offense at this.

Didn't you read my PS (ghItlh 'o')?? I saaaaid: I meant no offense; all the
other mu'qaD were hot cha, a-ok. It's just this one that gnaws at me. It just
keeps gnawing and gnawing and gnawing and gnawing....

>>I believe I already stated that I do notfollow the majority of what is
>>stated in the STE, and this is yet another one.

Ah, so you're a canonist. Hey, I respect that. I've read very little of STE,
but from what I've heard, I don't blame you for retaining the conservatist
view.

Even so, I still think that it is not safe to consider old women to have the
same cultural status in Klingon society as they do in Terran society.

>SuvwI'na' jIHqu' 'e' DaHonchugh, vaj naDev yIghoS 'ej HISuv!

>--tQ

vIHonbe'qu'bej 'ach HeghtaHjaj HonwI'na'lI', mongchaj DuQtaHvIS pachlIj.

>--
>HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD >Qanqor...?

ghaytan HonwI'Daj'e' SIbI' HoHlaHqu'mo' Qanqor, buQbogh mu'chaj qImHa' 'ej
Haghqu'. toH teH ghu'vam'e'! HeghtaH HonwI' 'ej HaghtaH HarwI'!

>--HoD trI'Qal  Captain T'rkal  ---------------------
>  tlhwD lIy So'  IKV Hidden Comet |   [email protected]

BTW, Dapvetlh vIghItlhpu'bogh yItu'Qo' pagh yabwIj DaHonchoHbej!

nga'chuqtaHbogh cha' targhmeyvetlh vItay'Ha'moHmeH nuq?
"How do I separate those two mating targs?"

BoyWonder
(that's wonder with a capital W for it's no small Wonder this Boy's on a
hormone roller coaster)

Back to archive top level