tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 18 12:46:41 1994

Re: RE: salutations!!!!

>[deletia]
>> Cute, charghwI'. But seriously, if this concept needs a form of
expression, I
>> would suggest {maSQIb'a'}.

>Of course, if you can come up with something short, so much the better.
>But let's not rag on someone just because they chose to do it the *long*
>way, hm?  Especially if they are new.

>--tQ

charghwI' is not new!!!! He's been here longer than I have, for cryin' out
loud. I realize he wasn't serious in considering his twenty-some syllablic
neologism.

My basic point is of course (need I even repeat it?) that Hol makes much more
efficient use of its syllabication than our own language. Sure, there are
long words in it, but they are not commonly used. Tho I don't go along fully
with Zipf, I must admit that "eclipse" is a common enough concept deserving
of a relatively short form.

BoyWonder

Back to archive top level