tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 19 07:37:37 1994

Re: RE- salutations!!!!

Holtejvo':
> > Excuse me for this but .....umm.... I think it is the PLANET'S shadow across
> > the moon, (usually between the light source (sun or star) and the object or
> > satellite being eclipsed (not allways a moon)   K
>
> You know, it's funny.  The first time I thought this through, I came
> up with {maSDaq QIb'a'}, and stopped.  Then later, upon reflection (no
> pun intended), I realized the error you pointed out.  But {maSDaq
> QIb'a'} still works, as it doesn't point to a source for the shadow.

No, it doesn't... because you are saying the shadow is on/at the MOON...
and in the kind of eclipse being discussed, the shadow is is on the
EARTH.  How about <maSvo' QIb'a'> instead??
                      ^^^

> PS.  Could you pare down the amount of text you quote back?  I just
> deleted 20 lines of headers, which you quoted.

This request from me as well, although I know (from experience!) that
some people don't have a choice in what all is included when they reply
to letters... VMS SUCKS!!!!

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level