tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 18 06:00:01 1994

Re: nuqneH

charghwI'vo':

[deletia for brevity]
> Meanwhile, the rest of us merely have opinions. They may be
> well founded opinions, but there are good reasons that the
> current acting grammarians deserve to have a voice heard with
> more authority. If I disagree with a grammarian's view, I may
> bring up my opinion, but I don't expect the world at large to
> take it very seriously if the grammarians, on further
> reflection, do not decide that I have a valid point.

Um... wait a minute here.

This is supposed to be a *free* discussion of ideas here.

charghwI', you have been ragged on in the past for you eagerness to
answer posts, *I* believe, because you had the habit of responding to
people's tlhIngon posts before the grammarians ever even had a chance to
look at them.  You were in essence, acting as a grammarian without authority.

This doesn't mean you cannot argue with the pabpo'mey, (No, this is NOT
ungrammatical!  Remember what the -mey suffix means on speech-capable
nouns!  And no, it doesn't NOT imply insult, DrujIv!!!) or even not
offer your suggestions!  I do not believe I have ever hesitated to let
either Qanqor or ~mark know when I thought they were wrong.  Nor have I
failed to offer any suggestions to someone's translations after I was
certain that one of the two grammarians responded to it, if I had
anything new to offer.  I doubt the rules are any different for me than
for you.

The thing is, when you argue with Mark or Qanqor, they usually have very
good arguments, so it is hard not to think of them as being right. {{:)

charghwI', my friend, you are too down on yourself.  You post frequently,
and stay caught up on your mail (which is mroe then *I* can do...
*sighs*).  You just have to remember to let the grammarians have the
first shot.

I, for one, have learned a lot from *you*, and your posts!  (Yes, YOU,
charghwI'oy!)  So if you think your posts are not valued, you are very,
very VERY ***SADLY*** mistaken.

And if you think that just because you can't have first shot at
correcting/commenting on something, that your opinions are unwanted, then
you are sadly mistaken again.

And if he ISN'T mistaken, then ~mark, Qanqor and I are going to have a
*long* chat... because from my conversations with them, this is simply
NOT the case!

*growls menacingly at no one in particular*

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level