tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 17 22:47:34 1994

KKB:SIvqu'wI' WIjwI'

Oh well.... as I said, I was in a goofy mood, and dashed this off (and
to pieces, I guess).  I just thought it might be fun to try a limited
vocabularly thing, like a Kid's book, therefore KKB, Klingon Kid's
Books.

tlhIngan Hol
------------
 ghotvam ghaH wIjwI''e'
 QaQqu'ta' *monkey*Hom 'ach pIch ghaj
 	SIvqu'ta'

DIvI' Hol (still from memory; I have to look it up)
------------
This is George.
He was a good little monkey, but he had one fault.
He was too curious.

>{Doch} could be the noun "thing" or the verb "be rude".  {ghaH}

Okay, changed it to ghot, person.  This is a problem
in Kids books - are animals things or people?

> {'e'} as a pronoun has no reason to be here at all.
> Perhaps it was supposed to be a
> suffix on the noun {wIvwI''e'}?

agggh.. that stupid 'e' - I always leave them hanging
out in space......

>If {wIvwI'} is "my choice"
arrgggh again - typo city.  wIjwI' <- Farmer <- "George"

> *monkey*Hom QaQqu'ta' 'ach pIch ghaj

>I think you have reversed the first two words. It would then

Yep.

> mean, "The diminutive monkey had accomplished being very good,
> but he blames." The second clause feels a little incomplete.

No - I have pIch as a verb and noun.  "pIch ghaj"->"a fault he has"

Anyway the whole thing was a lighthearted attempt to dash off
the beginning of "Curious George" by H.A. Rey.  I've even
sketched a cute bumpy headed monkey with a sword.

     [email protected] | Apertus Technologies | GEnie:j.anderson71
      *mumuSHa' yeSuS, Dochvam vISov * muja'mo' joH'a' paq'a' *

Back to archive top level