tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 17 10:42:51 1994

Re: RE: salutations!!!!

> >ghorgh Hov'a' So'DI' maS qaSbogh wanI'
>
> Wrong. Too long to express such a frequently used single concept.

Excuse me.

Who said LENGTH had anything to do with *anything*?

It's late at night, so I am not going to comment on the actual
translation itself (although I know I should), but I was rather annoyed
that someone has this odd notion that a translation which is short in
terran must be so in Hol as well.

Yes, Hol is *usually* shorter than English (from my observations), but no
one ever said it HAD to be!!!

If the expression works... yIlo'!

[deletia]
> Cute, charghwI'. But seriously, if this concept needs a form of expression, I
> would suggest {maSQIb'a'}.

Of course, if you can come up with something short, so much the better.
But let's not rag on someone just because they chose to do it the *long*
way, hm?  Especially if they are new.

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level