tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 17 04:55:47 1994

Re: SkyBox card SP2

According to Coming soon to a theater near you!:

> Re: Dr. Schoen's font
>
> Is this available? Is it Windows compat? Is there more info on this?
>
> Thanks! :)
>
> HotlhwI'

It's best if Lawrence answers this himself. Hmm. Maybe he is
just a little behind in his mail. It is Windows compatible,
since he has both PostScript and TrueType versions for both
Windows and the Mac.

The version I originally got from him included two different
character sets, one mapped to uppercase and one mapped to
lowercase and it was not kerned. I know that more recently, he
has kerned it, so he may have made other changes as well. Only
he knows for sure.

Character mapping is as you would suspect for most letters, and
then c=ch, f=ng, g=gh and x=tlh. He also mapped z to the
Klingon emblem with three curved prongs with the addition of
the pIqaD symbol for "A" just below the center, presumably to
make it different enough that Paramont didn't give him TOO much
trouble over it...

Anyway, he sells it for very little, considering the time he
took creating it, and he listens to this list and can give you
the best information.

Yo, Lawrence! You have a CUSTOMER, here!

charghwI'

Back to archive top level