tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 16 09:01:22 1994

Re: Beginning Grammarian Proposal

DrujIvvo'"

> Here is a thought:

[fine idea on splitting up duties omitted...]

The only possible problem I see is, that sometimes others get mail
from the listserver faster than I do.  _Much_ faster.  Remember when
we tried to do the chain story-writing?  charghwI' posted one line,
and then Matt followed it up.  This was a Tuesday (I think).  I didn't
actually receive Matt's post until *Saturday*, but obviously charghwI'
received in on Tuesday, because he responded to it that day, and I
received his comments on it.

I resigned as the BG, not because I was worn out, but because I'm
anticipating a little.  I am beginning my Ph.D. level studies (having
just finished the MA).  I'm also actually teaching a class this
semester ahead, and since it's my first time teaching, I'm not sure
exactly how much time to figure it to take.  Add to that my newborn
son, and there's just too much to acurately predict my available time
in the months to come.  It would not be fair to the newcomers to the
list (and I predict we'll see a large influx in the weeks to come), if
I was unable to get to my mail except twice a week or so; and I could
picture charghwI', just watching all those posts going by, just
itching to respond!!  {{{:)

The summer traffic was light, and I was able to keep up.  If it had
been otherwise, charghwI' stood ready to assist me, a service I wish
to now publicly thank him for (even though I never took advantage of
his offer).  If, after folks return to school and traffic picks up,
charghwI' finds himself overwhelemd, I stand ready to assist him in
like kind.

Holtej

Back to archive top level