tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 15 23:37:36 1994

Netstuff...

qajatlhneS:

  Pulled this off the net... thought you all might like to see it...

-majiq

------------

>From Douglas Zander <[email protected]> ()
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.info
Subject: murder suspect claims Klingon fluency
Date: 16 Aug 1994 07:31:43 GMT

  (Hi Jim, thought I'd submit this for your approval.  I heard about this
  on a local television station (WTMJ-4) and further read about it in
  The Milwaukee Journal.)

  James Oswald, 49, an alleged bank robber and accused of murdering
  a police officer, told a judge that he was fluent in Klingon and that
  some papers confiscated from his jail cell were written in Klingon
  and Jovian, a language Oswald claims to have invented.  Several
  papers written by Oswald were confiscated from his jail cell and
  believed to be escape plans, according to the prosecutor; but Oswald
  and his attorney claim that the papers are confidential materials between
  the client and his attorney and ask that the papers be returned to
  Oswald.  The judge ruled that the confiscated papers will be examined
  by himself and a discision will be made whether they be returned to
  Oswald or given over to the prosecutor.

  To paraphrase Oswald's attorney, "This is the first time one of
  my clients wrote to me in Klingon."

  Douglas Zander
  [email protected]
  [email protected]

Selected by Jim "The Big Dweeb" Griffith.                Email submissions to
[email protected], questions to [email protected]

Back to archive top level