tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 15 09:07:35 1994

Re: I shouldn't ask...

On Mon, 15 Aug 1994, William H. Martin wrote:

> > Is there a phrase yet for "Bible" yet?
>
> wIch'a'paq would be both appropriate and unpopular.

wIch'a'paq would describe a decent amount of the Bible, but it would not
do justice to the whole.  In keeping with standard English tradition I
had been using paq'a'.  Klingons might not describe their own religious
writings this way, but since we are not pretending that the Bible was
originally a Klingon document, I think the use is justified.

Kevin A. Wilson

Back to archive top level