tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 13 15:53:02 1994

rI' nobmey nobwI'lu!

      This is my first post; I've enjoyed reading the messages I've recieved
over the past few days.
      I had heard about the Bible translation project and decided to try my
hand at something more "klingon-feeling".  I've been working on the Havamal
(a Norse teaching poem) and I submit for comments and suggestions..

 lojmit DaHad Da'el'pa  nuqDaq jagpu'So' net Sovbe'.

 "Scrutinize an enterance before passing through; one knows not where foes
may be seated."

 Hegh HaDIBaH, Hegh qorDu, yIhegh'egh'je
 'ach batlh ghogh Heghbe' pongqoq Suqluta netvad.

"Cattle die, kinsmen die, you yourself must die;
 but the voice of honor never dies for him who has earned a good name."

Thanks.

 HoSlIj Daghur jaj.

Bryan

Back to archive top level