tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 11 06:37:43 1994

Re: I'm back

>From: [email protected]
>
>charghwI':
>>Sorry that I didn't express this clearly enough. Krankor has
>>repeatedly expressed rather vociferous dismay at anyone writing
>>an English word in Klingon spelling.
>
>Ah, in that case, make it: {*'ewrop*Daq jIghIQtaHvIS...}
>
>So it's just that he doesn't like Klingonizations without some punctuation or
>some such that indicates that it is a Klingonizations. Then I wouldn't mind,
>but would resort to the *-* thing, since English words/phrases in Klingon
>sentences look sloppy to me.
>
>guido*

I don't know that I would say sloppy, but definately Jarring.  I remember
in HS Spanish reading about Machu Pichu.  And youu'd be going along in Spanish
and "Hiram Bingham"  would pop up.  It probably wouldn't have been quite so
bad had it been a more latin-ish name, but Hiram Bingham?

*shrug*  But then, I always have been weird.  :-)  Ask my friends.  They'll
tell you ...

Susan

Back to archive top level