tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 08 01:27:39 1994

Re: KLBC: Re: About me

According to d'Armond Speers:

> I said:
>
> > ... The problem comes with your placement of {neH}.  It
> > is the verb that means "want," but it is also an adverbial that means
> > "only."  And, unlike most other adverbials, it follows the noun it
> > modifies.                                                  ^^^^
>
> This should, of course, be "verb"!
>
> HIvqa' veqlargh!
>
> --Holtej

Well, you weren't as wrong as you seem to be indicating. {neH}
can also follow nouns as an adverbial. Yes, I know that's
weird, but, hey, it says so right there in TKD 5.4.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level