tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 05 06:03:51 1994

Re: Have a nice day.

On Wed, 3 Aug 1994, ghItlhpu' William H. Martin:
> According to Susan Farmer:
> > >charghwI'vo:
> > I don't get it.
> This was kind of an inside joke. janSI' (I believe) suggested
> that if somebody who doesn't speak Klingon asks you how to say,
> "Have a nice day," in Klingon, the thing to teach them is {DaH
> HIHoH!} Notice, this is not, "Now, you die!" It is, "Kill me
> NOW!" which the unfortunate human will be saying to the Klingon
> when he intends to say, "Have a nice day."
>
> It would definitely succeed in closing the conversation, but
> perhaps a little more permanently than the human might have
> intended.

chuQun reads this, then falls on the floor in laughter.  She giggles
uncontrollably for a few minutes, literally.

"You know," she says, "that's the best Klingon joke I've ever heard!"

Bound to become a classic!

chuQun, giggling, tears streaming down her face, sniffing as she tries to
regain some sort of control.

Back to archive top level