tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 03 00:57:19 1994

Re: Have a nice day.

According to Susan Farmer:

> >charghwI'vo:
> >
> >>...Next, we'll be translating,
> >> "Have a nice day."
> >>
> >> charghwI'
> >
> >We did this at the qep'a', remember?
> >
> >     DaH HIHoH!
> >
> >--Holtej
>
> But what's Klingon for "get a life."  (The metaphor, not the bald statment.)
> Inquiring minds want to know.  :-)  B & I thought of "Endure the pain."
>
> Susan

This was kind of an inside joke. janSI' (I believe) suggested
that if somebody who doesn't speak Klingon asks you how to say,
"Have a nice day," in Klingon, the thing to teach them is {DaH
HIHoH!} Notice, this is not, "Now, you die!" It is, "Kill me
NOW!" which the unfortunate human will be saying to the Klingon
when he intends to say, "Have a nice day."

It would definitely succeed in closing the conversation, but
perhaps a little more permanently than the human might have
intended.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level