tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 04 12:10:04 1994

joke

>From: "William H. Martin" <[email protected]>
>Date: Wed, 3 Aug 94 22:44:06 EDT

>[The word {roS} means "lick" - from Power Klingon]

Well, at least *I* thought so. We still haven';t heard the official
spelling, and it was a toughie./

>yIt cha' chechwI'. Hechaj DopDaq roS'egh targh.
>targhvam Da chechwI' wa'Dich neH ghaH jatlh ghaH.
>bInIDchugh vaj Duchopbej Har chechwI' cha'Dich jatlh ghaH.

Um... Okrand told us that Klingon doesn't have indirect quotes, especially
if (as you are) you're treating "Har" like a verb of saying (which I do not
contest; it makes sense).  So these sentences should be recast in
first-person.

>charghwI'

~mark

Back to archive top level