tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 04 05:48:04 1994

Re: qep'a'

> > > 2.  Would you enjoy it more if more people attended?
> >
> > This is actually a tough one.  With the number of people we had there, it
> > was easy to get to know people quickly, and to (at some point or another)
> > talk with everyone.  I would certainly not mind meeting more people
> > (especially those interested in tlhIngan!), but on the other hand, if
> > there were many more, I doubt everything would have been as "cozy" as it
> > was.  I guess I would have to say that a few more people would have most
> > definitely been welcome, but not so many that we lost that "personal touch".
> >
> > --tQ
>
> Um, I am a co-organizer of a local gaming convention.  It's fairly small as
> gaming conventions go - about 100 people - but even with that number, you'd
> be suprised how intimate it is.  I think everyone who attends knows everyone
> else, and we always have time to just hang out and 'chew the fat'.
>
> KoSneH

Yes, but did you know all of those people before you ever arrived there?

Although I had a pretty good idea what to expect with most of the people
I met, there are *always* suprises when you meet someone you have only
known through the net in the flesh for the first time.  Some of my
expectations were WAY off, too.  *points to ~mark and charghwI'*

If you already know the people you are gathering with, this makes things
much easier.

And why are we discussing this on the list?

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level