tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 03 01:00:06 1994

Re: Math

According to Susan Farmer:

> Why does publishing on the list disqualify it from being printed in
> HolQeD?
>
> Susan

Since HolQeD seeks to be a serious linguistic journal, it has
taken up the procedure of sending all proposals for articles
around among a few skilled individuals for anonymous peer
review. If I post an article on this list with my name on it,
all the reviewers will then associate me with the article and
it can no longer be anonymous, so not only can I not publish
THIS article in HolQeD, but I can now not publish one LIKE it,
which would be clearly associated with me as author.

I made an ignorant mistake.

End of issue.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level