tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 07 12:30:14 1994

Re: Math

Hu'tegh! nuq ja' William H. Martin jay'?

=According to Susan Farmer:
=> Why does publishing on the list disqualify it from being printed in
=> HolQeD?
=Since HolQeD seeks to be a serious linguistic journal, it has
=taken up the procedure of sending all proposals for articles
=around among a few skilled individuals for anonymous peer
=review. If I post an article on this list with my name on it,
=all the reviewers will then associate me with the article and
=it can no longer be anonymous, so not only can I not publish
=THIS article in HolQeD, but I can now not publish one LIKE it,
=which would be clearly associated with me as author.

There are Klingonists out there who are not members of the list. I don't know
if I'd trust their judgement or not :) , but all is not lost. See what
Lawrence has to say...

--
Nick Nicholas. Linguistics, University of Melbourne.   [email protected]
        [email protected]      [email protected]
            AND MOVING SOON TO: [email protected]

Back to archive top level