tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 28 00:18:59 1994

Re: KBTP: "When..." How?

>According to Joel Anderson:
>>

>> I'm finally starting to inch my way into a bit of Isaiah - and I've
>> got a quick and no doubt easy question for the assembly.  How do you
>> render "When"?  For example "and when ye spread forth your hands...";
>> I suppose I ought to go look at the Hebrew to see if there is a
>> simpler way to say that - I've been using 'poHDaq', as 'at-the-time',
>> rendering the above as "poHDaq jIHDaq ghopDu'raj pep tlhIH".

The Hebrew is generally rendered with an infinitive absolute, translating
roughly as "as his [verb]ing" or "in his [verb]ing".  What is the specific
passage?  I'd be curious to look it up...

Marshall

--
"bItlhapchugh yabDu' law' yejquv 'ej Dalan nachDaq ghew reH puv ghew HeD."
                                               --NAACP chairman Benjamin Hooks

Back to archive top level