tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 11 09:35:01 1994

Re: {lab} vs. {lI'} in ST3

Krankorvo':

> Oh, and for the record:  At least here in the datacomm world,
> "download" generally means to send and "upload" to receive.
> charghwI' (and possibly others) had it the other way around, though
> the usage is not strict and, lacking context, the potential for
> confusion is large.

Er, em, what?  In my entire short-but-computer-filled-life, I've
always associated download/receive and upload/send.  At least the
makers of Procomm agree with me: I use PgDn to download (receive)
files, and PgUp to upload (send) files.

Maybe the perspective is different if you're not on a PC, but on a
workstation.  I wouldn't know.  What do you mean by "datacomm" ?

>                 --Krankor

--Holtej

Back to archive top level