tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 10 07:58:58 1994

Re: KLBC: Grammar question

Billvo':

>chaq yInmeH jaj QaQ 'oH DaHjaj'e'
>
>Perhaps =today= is a good day for living.
>
>This would make the old "Today is a good day to die" quote:
>
>HeghmeH jaj QaQ 'oH DaHjaj'e'
>
>Does that look correct?

I don't know if anyone who responded to this post (whatever happened to the
week's grace period I asked for, folks????  This was dated the 6th...)
actaully answered the question or not, but here goes...

Looks fine to me.  I only would have added something to <HeghmeH> to give it a
subject/object, even if it were something like <Heghlu'meH>.  Hm.  On second
thought, after skimming the section on -lu' in the KD, I am not certain that
you can use -lu' this way... I sense a debate on the use of -lu' coming up.
{{:(

>... bISuvtaHvIS bIHeghjaj

Heh.  I like it.  'ej SoH je!

--HoD trI'Qal