tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 08 02:06:16 1994

Re: New canon

On Apr 7,  6:15pm, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:
> Subject: New canon
>
> >From: Captain Krankor <[email protected]>
> >Date: Thu, 7 Apr 94 14:39:09 -0600
>
> >Kor, on
> >remeeting Koloth, calls him "my old friend", and the Klingon he uses is--
> >get this-- wIjjup.  Good.  I suppose I should be happy that they even
> >bothered to look it up that much, which is above average for them.
>
> All I heard was a badly-pronounced "majQa'".
>
> >          --Krankor
>
> ~mark

     All *I* heard was badly pronounced. It didn't seem to matter what
language was supposed to have been. It was hard to tell the exclamations from
the wine-inspired belches and general roars and mumbles. I was curious about
the food item they repeatedly described as "raHt". Apparently there are a lot
of restaurants serving it. You don't suppose this is supposed to be qagh, do
you? If so, I think it safe to call this, without peer, the most frequently
and variously mispronounced word in the Klingon language. This time, they
only got the vowel right.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level