tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 08 00:31:41 1994

Re: New canon

        Reply to:   RE>>New canon

qaghItlhneS:

ghItlh qanqoroy:

>some evidence that they brought in Okrand to do something with it.  I
>mean, come on!  In the recent DS9 episode with the Klingons ("Blood Oath",
>I think.  I'm not good with titles), I managed to make out exactly one
>thing that was said in Klingon before giving up in disgust.  Kor, on
>remeeting Koloth, calls him "my old friend", and the Klingon he uses is--
>get this-- wIjjup.  Good.  I suppose I should be happy that they even
>bothered to look it up that much, which is above average for them.

See... I recognized a number of things... Right now, I can't remember, but
there was one thing that was an obvious slur on the pronounciation... I
just wrote it off in that they were 100 year old Klingons and probably
speak a different dialect... OH!  It was "majQa".. and it was pronounced
"majQwwwaa".  I think this was purposeful...  IMHO..

-majIq

Back to archive top level