tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 05 10:39:01 1994

'to mate', RE: HolQeD 3:1

Captain Krankor's article in the most recent HolQeD presents the consensus
that the verb 'to mate' is nagh, as in:
	targhlIj yInagh yIruch (Go mate with your targ!)

I was making a note of that in my Klingon Dictionary and found that nagh
already appears as the noun rock or stone.

Well, in a way, this doesn't sound too far off.  The one being very much
like the other (or at least one would hope so.)

Rembering something else, I looked back a little further and found an
article in HolQeD 1:3.  It had an excerpt from a newsletter titled veS
QonoS that had some additional Klingon words from Marc Okrand.  Many of
the words appeared in the second edition TKD but one was notibly absent:
	nga'chuq (sex; perform sex; always subject)

Just thought I'd add that for general information.

Kordite, Chief of Intelligence, IKV Dark Justice, Klingon Assault Group
aka Kevin A. Geiselman, Knight Errant

Back to archive top level