tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 31 20:28:56 1994

Re: mujatlhmoH nuq jay'

charghwI'vo':...
> >If I took
> >what I interpret to be Krankor's view on this, I might say
> >{chaH qaqIpmoHta'}. Note: I do not represent Krankor here. He speaks for
> >himself quite well. I'm just trying to understand one of his recent posts.
Guidovo:
> Anyhoo- {chaH qaqIpmoHta'} for "I cause you to hit them." indeed has merit.
> But I myself might like that particular construction better if it were
> {SoHvaD chaH vIqIpmoHta'}.

> Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

     I go back to {qaghojmoH} meaning "I teach you", which breaks down to "I
cause you to learn." Given that way of breaking down the meaning of {-moH},
your sentence becomes "I intentionally and successfully caused him to hit for
your benefit." I doubt that's what you had in mind.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level