tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 22 08:50:04 1993

RE: Puncation revisited / Hos tlhIngan

>'ej:  lughmoHghach == "the correction".  "the corrector" == lughmoHwI'
>

>>-mu'tlheghvam.  mugh:  "I like it, but I find that bad hearing-experts."
>>I translate it:  "I like it, but I find that bad hearing-experts."
>
>"I translate it" == vImugh.  naDev, mugh == "It translates [as]"
>

>>How should I say "I like it, but I have found how poor my hearing skill is"?
>
>bItlhobchu'.  chaq:
>
>vIparHa' 'ach qab QoylaHghachwIj 'e' vItu'
>
>qoj:
>
>vIparHa' 'ach qab QoyghachwIj po'ghach 'e' vItu'
>            --Qanqor

Forgive the continued questions dealing with this post, but:

Why do you use lughmoHghach as opposed to lughghach?
                   ^^^
Secondly, does "qab QoyghachwIj po'ghach 'e' vItu'" refer to the skill of
my hearing (i.e. the ability to decern the phonemes) or the ability (state
of deafness).  Is there anyway within Klingon to differentiate the two?
              ____
             |INRI|
             |    |           Matt Whiteacre
             |    |           [email protected]