tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 13 15:02:57 1993

Re: opinions on Orthography & Phonetics

> Well, there *are* languages with both t and D (e.g. Sanskrit and its
> relations); the only thing weird about the Klingon is not that they're both
> there but that the "missing" ones (T and d) are missing.

     Just for posterity's sake, I knew this. I was just trying to keep the
original post short. Okrand said at Stellarcon 17 that having (t and D) in
the same language instead of (T and D) inclusive-or (t and d) was highly
unusual in human languages and made pronunciation of certain consonant
combinations difficult. I thought it would be enough to simply refer to (t
and D), but I guess I forgot who I was talking to...

--   charghwI'

Back to archive top level