tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 24 13:41:23 1993

Re: Tolkien's Lingos

        Reply to:   RE>>Tolkien's Lingos

:Michael P Urban says:
:
: First, I have strong doubts that there are any Trekfolk who speak
: Klingon in the sense of being able to spontaneously converse in the
: language; this probably includes the author of the language, who
: has said that the published vocabulary is inadequate for practical
: use.  I know some very hardcore Trek fans, and none of them can speak
: `unrehearsed' Klingon, nor do they know anyone who can.  During the
: summer, some effective publicity from Paramount about the `Klingon
: Language Camp' left the impression of hordes of Trekfolk making
: Klingon into the next Esperanto.

All I have to say about Mr. Urban's message:  That's a bunch of Qu'vatlh!

-mat

Back to archive top level