tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 24 13:01:43 1993

New Klingon proverbs

Consider these new proverbs/bumper stickers, whatever...

           tlhIngan Davaqchugh yInvo' bItlhab'eghbejlI'

                    noSvaghvaD jagh 'Iw vIlo'taH
                         jagh jup ghap SoH'a'

  nom jaHchugh DujwIj 'ej HoSghajqu'chugh nuHmeywIj vaj QaQqu'lI' yInwIj

                         jIHvaD yIwIHchu' be'pu'
[If this were punctuated, there would be a comma before be'pu', though I'm
not sure it's necessary.]

             SuvwI' nIv ghopDu''Daq rap chuS'ugh jagh Hugh je
[I'm not sure about the noun-adjective-noun construction. I was trying for
"In (at the place of) the superior fighter's hands..." Is this clear enough?
If not is there any legal way to convey this? I'm also not sure if the
statement as a whole is more of a romantic statement about battle or a
comment on the sound of a chuS'ugh. Perhaps both?]

--   charghwI'

Back to archive top level