tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 02 08:23:10 1993

re: Okrand

  Someone asked what is Marc Okrand up to.
  First, to the best of my knowledge, he is working at the National Caption
Institute where he is in charge of transcribing all TV show scripts into
closed captions.  As to what it has to do with American Sign Language I do
not know though there may be something in the works for NCI.
  Klingon Encyclypidia(sp) I dought  THAT will ever come about. there was a
mention in TKD addendum that Star Fleet is not allocating enough $$$ to the
language research area. That is probably where you got your infomation.
  As I have mentioned in posts before a Klingon Encyclopedia will come about
ONLY because Simon&Schuster/Pocket Books thinks they will make $$$$ from it.
SOOO....look in  your TKD for the address of Simon&Schuster and write their
STAR TREK editor and tell them you have a list of hunfreds of people who want
more Klingon Language.....

Ok, so I tend to babble on....
David Barron

Back to archive top level