tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 02 08:23:19 1993

CK Errors

>But probably the most aggrivating of all is the fact that Okrand simply
>omitted the {lu-} prefix in two places where I'm sure they must be:
>
>"They don't serve Romulan Ale to Terrans - too potent."
>{tera'nganvaD romuluS HIq jabQo' - HoSghajqu'}
>If the subject is indeed {chaH} (understood), then it should be:
>{tera'nganvaD romuluS HIq lujabQo' - HoSghajqu'}
>
>"Klingons never destroy good food."
>{not Soj QaQ Qaw' tlhInganpu'}
>Should be:
>{not Soj QaQ luQaw' tlhInganpu']
>
>This would be the case _unless_ {Soj} really means "foodstuffs" and
>its plural suffix is understood. But for some reason, my mind doesn't
>like that line of thinking.

Is he perhaps using "Clipped Klingon"?  I never really bothered to even try
to assimilate that, until I get a better grasp of normal Klingon, but dropping
verb prefixes sounds like what I remember seeing in "Clipped Klingon"...

...Paul

Back to archive top level