tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 15 11:30:04 1993

Re: Re: More slang

          I think what we're talking about here is posting an
          occasional interlinar translation, the kind of thing that
          Greek and Latin students used to call a "pony".  It couldn't
          hurt to send one out every now and then.

          You can also find interlinear translations for native
          American languages, in cases where the syntax differs so
          radically from English that an interlinear translation is
          essential to getting an overview of the language.  (My
          personal favorites:  the American Ethnographic Association's
          bulletins on Tena'a and Pasamaquoddy.)

          Kloko-vo'.

Back to archive top level