tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 05 10:25:12 1993

House languages & conversational Klingon

SD= Scott Deerwester ([email protected])

SD: I started thinking about the idea of a "house language"...

This interests me too, but I'm not sure that tlhIngan-Hol is the best place
to be discussing this as it's unrelated.  Perhaps the discussion could be
shifted to the conlang list.

ObtlhIngan: I've managed to get hold of the tape "conversational Klingon",
though none of my local bookshops have got TKD in stock (I've now got it on
order).  No textual key is provided with the tape and so I'm having to guess
how the words on the tape match with the pronunciation guide posted some
days ago.  To help me out, could someone tell me whether the following are
the correct transcriptions of the curses given at the beginning:

    ghu'vatlh
    toDSaH
    QuI'cha'

If anyone does have the tape, perhaps they could point out to me examples of
each consonant use, e.g. in easy to spot words such as the personal pronouns
and numbers.  Incidentally, for those that don't have the tape, it's worth
getting for the laughs alone.  The conversations involving a Terran visiting
Kronos are particularly good :-)

Cheers,

Matthew

Back to archive top level