tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 20 10:26:22 1993

Re: piqaD Doq nav qijDaq (was Re: HoS voDleH jIH)

> : I just wish I could find a laser printer that would print good red
> : characters on a black field.

     An HP DeskJet 550C is cheaper than a LaserJet, prints fine black and
color and is excellently supported under Windows. It is slower than a Laser,
but still manages about 3ppm monochrome, though color modes crawl to 3-7mpp,
depending on mode, for full page 300dpi color graphics, though in the slowest
mode it gives a truely remarkable hand stippled look to variable shades of
color. You would only use this for scanned images or vector graphics with
variable shades across a filled area. Color text and line graphics runs at
about 3mpp. Smaller graphics or lower res print faster.

> (BTW, while we're talking about writing: has anyone else noticed that
>piqaD<
> evaluates to "we challenge you"?)

     I like Ensign Ro's translation better: "fist".
> :
> : Dave Sturm

--   charghwI'

Back to archive top level