tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 06 13:14:29 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Vocabulary Sources & Sort Order

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh ([email protected])

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Qov <[email protected]> wrote:
> I suppose the safe option is to sub every single letter so that the 26
> Klingon ones become the 26 latin ones, in an order that subs the two and
> three letter combos (I don't care what we call them) first and then the undo
> needs to be in a calculated order, too. Someone must have this down to a
> science.

I map these thirteen single letters to uppercase:
  a b e j l m o p r u v w y -> A B E J L M O P R U V W Y

These four already-uppercase letters remain unchanged:
  D H I S -> D H I S

I map the apostrope to uppercase Z.
  ' -> Z

I map two digraphs to single characters:
  ch -> C, gh -> G

The remaining six letters get mapped with numeric suffixes to make the
sort order come out right:
  n -> N1, ng -> N2, q -> Q1, Q -> Q2, t -> T1, tlh -> T2

DAH T2AZCUQ1DIZ HOC, T2AZCUZ.

This scheme was independently devised by at least one other person.

-- GUN1CUZWIZ